Peer-Reviewed Journal Papers
24. S. Solhjoo, Revisiting the Common Practice of Sellars and Tegart’s Hyperbolic Sine Constitutive Model, Modelling, 3(3):359-373. doi: 10.3390/modelling3030023 (An early version of this paper is available ResearchGate.)
23. S. Khoddam, S. Solhjoo & P.D. Hodgson, State of the art methods to post-process mechanical test data to characterize the hot deformation behavior of metals, Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 13(11):1-36. doi: 10.1177/16878140211061026
22. S. Khoddam, M. Fardi & S. Solhjoo, A verified solution of friction factor in compression test based on its sample's shape changes, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 193:106175. doi: 10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2020.106175
21. M. Groen*, S. Solhjoo*, R. Voncken, J. Post & A.I. Vakis, FlexMM: a standard method for material descriptions in FEM, Advances in Engineering Software, 148:102876. doi:10.1016/j.advengsoft.2020.102876
*These authors contributed equally to this paper.
20. S. Solhjoo, P.J. Halbertsma, M. Veldhuis, R. Toljaga, Y.T. Pei & A.I. Vakis, Effects of loading conditions on free surface roughening of AISI 420 martensitic stainless steel, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, 275:116311. doi: 10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2019.116311
19. S. Solhjoo, M.H. Müser & A.I. Vakis, Nanocontacts and Gaussian filters: insights into the idea of filtering contact stress fields for removing the effects of surface roughness at the atomic scale, Tribology Letters, 67:94. doi: 10.1007/s11249-019-1209-0
18. S. Khoddam, S. Solhjoo & P.D. Hodgson, A power-based approach to assess the barrelling test's weak solution, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 161–162:105033. doi:10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2019.105033
17. S. Solhjoo & S. Khoddam, Evaluation of barreling and friction in uniaxial compression test: A kinematic analysis, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 156:486-493. doi:10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2019.04.007
16. M.H. Müser, W.B. Dapp, R. Bugnicourt, P. Sainsot, N. Lesaffre, T.A. Lubrecht, B.N.J. Persson, K. Harris, A. Bennett, K. Schulze, S. Rohde, P. Ifju, G.W. Sawyer, T. Angelini, H. Ashtari Esfahani, M. Kadkhodaei, S. Akbarzadeh, J.-J. Wu, G. Vorlaufer, A. Vernes, S. Solhjoo, A.I. Vakis, R.L. Jackson, Y. Xu, J. Streator, A. Rostami, D. Dini, S. Medina, G. Carbone, F. Bottiglione, L. Afferrante, J. Monti, L. Pastewka, M.O. Robbins & J.A. Greenwood, Meeting the contact mechanics challenge, Tribology Letters, 65:118, doi:10.1007/s11249-017-0900-2
15. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Surface roughness of gold substrates at the nanoscale: An atomistic simulation study, Tribology International, 115:165-178, doi:10.1016/j.triboint.2017.05.024 (This paper is also available here.)
14. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis & Y.T. Pei, Two phenomenological models to predict the single peak flow stress curves up to the peak during hot deformation, Mechanics of Materials, 105:61-66. doi:10.1016/j.mechmat.2016.12.001
13. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Continuum mechanics at the atomic scale: Insights into non-adhesive contacts using molecular dynamics simulations, Journal of Applied Physics, 120:215102. doi:10.1063/1.4967795 (This paper is also available here.)
12. S. Solhjoo, Corrigendum to “Determination of flow stress under hot deformation conditions” [Mater. Sci. Eng. A 552 (2012) 566–568], Materials Science and Engineering A, 670:325. doi:10.1016/j.msea.2016.06.039 (This paper is also available here.)
11. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Definition and detection of contact in atomistic simulations, Computational Materials Science, 109:172-182. doi:10.1016/j.commatsci.2015.07.026
10. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Single asperity nanocontacts: comparison between molecular dynamics simulations and continuum mechanics models, Computational Materials Science, 99:209–220. doi:10.1016/j.commatsci.2014.12.010
9. S. Solhjoo, Determination of flow stress and the critical strain for the onset of dynamic recrystallization using a hyperbolic tangent function, Materials and Design, 54:390–393. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2013.08.055
8. M. Karimi Zarchi, M.H. Shariat, S.A. Dehghan & S. Solhjoo, Characterization of nitrocarburized surface layer on AISI 1020 steel by electrolytic plasma processing in an urea electrolyte, Journal of Materials Research and Technology, 2:213–220. doi:10.1016/j.jmrt.2013.02.011
7. S. Solhjoo, Determination of flow stress under hot deformation conditions, Materials Science and Engineering A, 552:566–568. doi:10.1016/j.msea.2012.05.057
6. S. Solhjoo, A. Simchi & H. Aashuri, Molecular dynamics simulation of melting, solidification and remelting processes of aluminum, Iranian Journal of Science and Technology, Transactions of Mechanical Engineering, 36(M1):13–23.
5. S. Solhjoo & R. Ebrahimi, Prediction of no-recrystallization temperature by simulation of multi-pass flow stress curves from single-pass curves, Journal of Materials Science 45:5960-5966. doi:10.1007/s10853-010-4681-3
4. S. Solhjoo, A note on ‘‘Barrel Compression Test”: A method for evaluation of friction, Computational Materials Science 49:435–438. doi:10.1016/j.commatsci.2010.04.047
3. S. Solhjoo, Determination of critical strain for initiation of dynamic recrystallization, Materials and Design 31:1360–1364. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2009.09.001
2. S. Solhjoo, Analysis of flow stress up to the peak at hot deformation, Materials and Design 30:3036–3040. doi:10.1016/j.matdes.2008.12.014
1. R. Ebrahimi & S. Solhjoo, Characteristic Points of Stress-Strain Curve at High Temperature, International Journal of Iron and Steel Society of Iran, 4:24–27.
Peer-Reviewed Conference Papers
7. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Molecular dynamics simulations of rough contact with fractal and statistical surface generation, ASME 12th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design & Analysis (ESDA), Copenhagen, Denmark, 25-27 June 2014. doi:10.1115/ESDA2014-20107
6. S. Solhjoo, A. Simchi & H. Aashuri, Molecular dynamics simulation of melting, solidification and remelting of Aluminum: atomic-scale study, 5th joint congress of Iranian Metallurgical Engineering Society and Iranian Foundrymen’s Society, Isfahan University of Technology, Isfahan, Iran, 25-26 October 2011. [in Farsi]
5. S. Solhjoo, A. Simchi & H. Aashuri, Pressure effect on melting, solidification and remelting of Aluminum: atomic-scale molecular dynamics study, 4th joint congress of Iranian Metallurgical Engineering Society and Iranian Foundrymen’s Society, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 15-16 October 2010. [in Farsi]
4. S. Solhjoo, R. Ebrahimi & M. Khoshkalam, Prediction of no-recrystallization temperature by simulation of multi-pass flow stress curves, 4th joint congress of Iranian Metallurgical Engineering Society and Iranian Foundrymen’s Society, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 15-16 October 2010. [in Farsi]
3. S. Solhjoo, Evaluation of friction using “Barrel Compression Test”, 4th joint congress of Iranian Metallurgical Engineering Society and Iranian Foundrymen’s Society, Iran University of Science and Technology, Tehran, Iran, 15-16 October 2010. [in Farsi]
2. S. Solhjoo, Prediction of flow stress of AZ61 alloy at hot deformation, 12th International Conference on Metal Forming 2008, Akademia Górniczo-Hutnicza, Kraków, Poland, 21-24 September 2008. (It was temporarily available through the conference website, till September 2010)
1. S. Solhjoo & R. Ebrahimi, Plotting of multi-pass stress-strain curve using continuous flow stress curves for simulation of hot rolling, in Haghshenas, Davood; Darvishi, Dariush (eds), Proceedings of Steel Symposium 85, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 27-28 February 2007. [in Farsi]
Conference (Extended) Abstracts
2. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Lubricated normal and sliding contact of fractal rough surfaces at the atomic scale, The international conference on understanding and controlling nano and mesoscale friction (COSTnanoTribo), Istanbul, Turkey, 22-26 June 2015.
1. S. Solhjoo & A.I. Vakis, Normal contacts of lubricated fractal rough surfaces at the atomic scale, TriboUK 2015, Loughborough, England, 16-17 April 2015.
Papers (not peer-reviewed)
4. S. Solhjoo, Revisiting the common practice of Sellars and Tegart's hyperbolic sine constitutive model. doi: 10.13140/RG.2.2.29589.45284.
3. S. Solhjoo, Determination of flow stress and the critical strain for the onset of dynamic recrystallization using a sine function, arXiv:1405.0196.
2. S. Solhjoo, Two new mathematical models to predict the flow stress at hot deformation, arXiv:1403.5929.
1. S. Solhjoo, Evaluation of coefficient of friction in bulk metal forming, arXiv:1402.6749.